Although the gastric balloon can be an effective tool for the overweight and obese, the weight does not come off by itself. Motivation is an important factor for success.
A successful outcome requires compliance with diet, and behavior modification. Our unique system allows adjustment of the gastric balloon volume at varying times during the treatment period. All of this requires patient compliance. People who struggle with portion control and who have tried appetite suppressants and supplements will find the gastric balloon can lead to successful fast weight loss.
The decision to undergo gastric balloon therapy must be made in consultation with a qualified physician. There are certain conditions that would exclude gastric balloon implantation. Here is a partial list of those conditions::
- Severe kidney, liver, lung, and cardiac disease
- Previous esophageal or stomach surgery
- Chronic NSAID, anti-platelet or anti-coagulant medication use
- Large Hiatal Hernia
- Substance or alcohol abuse
- Unwilling to comply with diet and follow-up visits
Find out what you can expect when you undergo gastric balloon therapy.